Study Day Date:
- March 16th & 30th November 2022
- Qualified Nurses who site as part of their clinical role.
1. To understand the role of the stoma care nurse in preparing a patient for specific surgical procedures pertaining to potential stoma formation.
2. To understand the importance of the nurses role as an advocate. This will be achieved in a workshop form with student participation.
3. To understand the importance of patient preparation prior to elective surgery and where the potential exists for stoma formation.
4. To understand the importance of discussing lifestyle issues with the patient prior to siting the stoma.
5. To understand the importance of abdominal assessment.
6. To understand the legal implications of inadequate patient preparation.
The course includes:
If you are interested in applying for this study day, please e-mail Louise Harding at: email@example.com, including the following details:
- Job Title
- Telephone number
- Which study day you would like to attend.
Deadline for applications:
14th February 2022 & 30th September 2022
- The Venue for all courses/study days will be held in the brand new Salts Academy located in Salts Head Office, Richard Street, Birmingham, B7 4AA.
All of our study days, courses and educational events can contribute to your CPD hours and can relate to at least one of the 4 themes of The Code.
Due to the on-going uncertainties regarding Covid-19 and with the possibility of certain areas going into a local lockdown, there is the option that the courses will be ran on-line. Such decisions will be made closer to the course start date. If you have any concerns please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to answer any questions